Baptism does not make you a believer, it shows that you already are one! Baptism does not "save" you, only your faith in Christ does that. Baptism is like a wedding ring - it's the outward symbol of the commitment you made in your heart.
Here are some frequently asked questions about water baptism:
We are so excited that you desire to follow Jesus' example in baptism! Fill out our form to RSVP and then invite your family and friends to help celebrate this amazing faith step with you!
1. Because you want to follow Jesus' example - Mark 1:9 reads, "At that time Jesus came from Nazareth and was baptized by John in the river."
2. Because He commanded it - In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus said, "Go then, to all people everywhere and make them My disciples, baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and then teach them to obey everything I have commanded you."
3. It shows you are a believer. - 1 John 2:3 says that "many... who heard Him believed and were baptized."
1. It is a symbol of Jesus' burial and resurrection - Colossians 2:12 reads, "For when you were baptized, you were buried with Christ, and in baptism you were also raised with Christ."
2. It is a symbol of your new life as a Christian - Romans 6:4 "By our baptism then we were buried with Him and shared His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead also we might live a new life!"
Every person who has made the decision to make Jesus the leader of their life. The singular requirement for baptism is belief in Christ! - Acts 2:41 says, "Those who believed and accepted His message were baptized."
We do not baptize children until they are old enough to understand and believe.
Leading up to your baptism, we will record a short video of you briefly sharing your story of coming to know Christ and what that has meant to you. At the beginning of the baptism service, one of our pastors will briefly explain the meaning of baptism and then we will show your video before you enter the water to be baptized.
Our team will ask that you arrive to service a bit early so that we can show you where your baptism will take place. In the service, a pastor will briefly lower you just under the water, and raise you up again. Then you will leave the water, grab a dry towel, and watch along as others are also baptized! - We recommend that you bring a dry set of clothes to change into right after your baptism.