Message Discussion Questions
For the Week of March 26th
“Grace & Generosity”
1. Are you a planner or do you tend to fly by the seat of your pants? How has that tendency influenced the way you manage your finances?
2. Does prioritizing your finances so you give first, then save, and then live on the rest sound realistic to you? Why or why not?
3. Giving is an act, but generosity is a spiritual practice. In what ways do you think the act of becoming a percentage giver might help you to develop the practice of generosity? How do you think giving away a percentage of your income might change your heart over time?
4. Read 2 Corinthians 9. What promises does God give to the believer in order to comfort fear and inspire generosity?
5. How have you experienced God’s grace in your life? How has that changed your attitude, world view, relationships, or other areas of your life?
6. Ryan asked these 3 questions to help us grow in generosity: Have I settled the issue of ownership? Have I confronted my fears? Have I determined to make generosity a priority? How would you answer each question? Which question is the most challenging for you and why?
7. This week’s Next Step is to choose to prioritize God’s kingdom you’re your own. What are some practical steps you can take to prioritize God’s kingdom over your own?