Message Discussion Questions
For the week of November 11th
“It Starts With Me"
1. What is the craziest thing you've ever done as a family or with a member of your family?
2. What kind of emotions does the word “family” stir up for you?
3. Ryan said, “As long as you blame others for your unhappiness, you will always be unhappy.” Growing up, how did your family deal with unhappiness and how has that affected you as an adult?
4. Think about the majority of conflicts you have with family members or friends. Can you identify a root cause for most or your conflicts? If so, what is it and why do you think that is at the root of most of your conflicts?
5. Ryan encouraged us to bring God into our conflict to prepare our hearts and acknowledge our part of the problem. Why is this often a difficult thing to do? How are you at doing this?
6. Read Matthew 7:3-5? How do Jesus’ words relate to dealing with conflict and craziness within our families?
7. The next step this week is to start with “me” when attempting to defuse family conflict and craziness. What are some practical things you can do to start with “you” when attempting to defuse conflict and craziness?