Small Group Discussion Questions
Message Discussion Questions
For the week of July 15th
"Even In Loss"
1. Outside of a house or car, what is the most expensive thing you have ever purchased? Why did you buy it and how did it make you feel?
2. Ryan said, “People can see a difference in a life that is led with Jesus at the center.” Who is someone in your life whose relationship with Jesus caused you to see a difference in the way they lived their life? What kind of impact did they have on you?
3. Talk about a time where standing for your convictions caused you to lose something. Looking back on it, how do you feel about your decision?
4. Have you ever made a rash decision without thinking through all of the possible consequences? If so, how did the situation turn out?
5. Read John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
This verse gives us clear direction on how we can stand firm in our convictions. What is that direction and what does it require of us?
6. Our Next Step this week is to stand in Godly convictions even when it costs you. What are some practical things that we can do to prepare ourselves to face these situations when they arise?
7. What stood out to you the most from this week’s story about Daniel?